- Globally, the average cost of a slave is $90.
- According to some estimates, approximately 80% of trafficking involves sexual exploitation
- There are approximately 20 to 30 million slaves in the world today.
- According to the U.S. State Department, 600,000 to 800,000 people are trafficked across international borders every year. More than 70 percent are female and half are children.
- The average age a teen enters the sex trade in the U.S. is 12 to 14-year-old.
- Between 14,500 and 17,500 people are trafficked into the U.S. each year.
- Human trafficking is the third largest international crime industry (behind illegal drugs and arms).
- It reportedly generates a profit of $32 billion every year.
HOW YOU CAN HELP: www.humantrafficking.org/combat_trafficking